IngredientsFennel, 2 medium bulbs
Zucchini, 3 small
Salt, big pinch
Red Grapefruit, 1
Capers, 2 tbsp
Oregano, 1 tbsp dried
Cherry tomatoes, 1 big handful
White wine vinegar, 1 tbsp
Lemon, 2 tbsp juice
Olive oil, 3 tbsp
1. Slice the zucchini long ways and the fennel too. You want it to be quite thin like ribbons and I do this using a mandolin.
2. Using your hands, carefully toss the zucchini and fennel and leave to sit while you finish off the salad.
3. Cut the pith off the grapefruit, then slice the grapefruit into circular discs about half a centimetre thick.
4. Add the capers, dried oregano, tomatoes and pick some tops off the fennel and add this too. Toss gently with your hands, then add the grapefruit and toss again. Arrange in a bowl or a dish and twirl some of the zucchini so they are standing up.
5. Season with more salt and olive oil if desired.
Serve alongside fish, with feta, rice or potatoes.