Sardines, 2 cans of good quality ones in Extra Virgin olive oil
Tomatoes, 10 cherry
Basil, 1 bunch
Mint, 1 bunch
Parsley, 1 bunch
Chives, 1 bunch
Spring onion, 2
Golden Groves Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 cup
Garlic, 2 cloves
Lemon zest, of 1
Lemon, of 1
Pasta, 500g dried fettuccine
Salt and pepper to paste
- Pick the herbs from the stems and chop finely and put in a small bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cover with olive oil.
- Chop the garlic, zest the lemon and add to the bowl too.
- Give it a stir with a spoon and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salty water then drain.
- Put the pasta in a bowl and toss through the bowl of herbs with olive oil and the tomatoes.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the pasta if you want, but I like it with just the zest.
- Break up the sardines gently with a fork and toss them through the pasta. Generously season with salt and pepper and serve whilst it's hot.